Updated September 2019
This Personal Information Collection Policy (the “Policy”) sets out our practices with respect to the handling of your Personal Data (as hereinafter defined).
Any reference to “we”, “us” and “our” in this Policy is intended to refer to Green Square Marketing, a company incorporated under the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region with Company Number 875300 and/or to Aigle (Macao) Ltd., a company incorporated under the laws of Macau Special Administrative Region with Registration Number 27048SO.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. We therefore recommend you to check its content regularly. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you that it has been updated and seek your consent with respect to any such material changes where necessary. If you do not accept the changes, you may not be able to use certain functionalities, features, and/or services of the Website.
This Policy is made in the English language. In the event this Policy is also published in another language and there is any inconsistency or discrepancy, the English version shall prevail.
We hereby commit to take all reasonable measures to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your personally identifiable information, including, without limitation, your name, gender, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address and mail address (“Personal Data”) and to comply with applicable laws, including the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of Hong Kong.
1. Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data:
- at the time you join the AIGLE Membership Club, whether in an AIGLE store or on our website www.aigle.com.hk (the “Website”);
- when you register as “Guest” on the Website; and/or
- when you wish to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
We may also ask you to supply additional Personal Data from time to time thereafter.
You are not obliged to provide us with Personal Data (except the Personal Data fields marked as “mandatory”) but if you fail to do so, you may not be able to become or, as the case may be, to remain, a member of the AIGLE Membership Club and/or to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
2. Purpose and use of Personal Data
We will use the Personal Data collected from you:
- subject to your consent, for direct marketing and promotion through different formats (such as, without limitation, electronic emails, SMS, phone calls or mails) regarding our products (apparel, footwear and other AIGLE branded products), and also for member events, news, special promotions and services in relation to the AIGLE brand and products;
- for market research to improve the Website and our product range;
- to allow you to (i) become or, as the case may be, remain, a member of the AIGLE Membership Club and enjoy the related benefits, and/or to (iii) use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website; and
- for any other purposes incidental or directly related to the above.
Please note that we cannot use your personal data for direct marketing without your consent. You can refuse to receive marketing and promotion materials from us by checking the suitable box (opt-out) in the relevant application form and, at any time after registration, by opting-out as may be indicated in said materials or by contacting our Customer Service.
3. Transfer of Personal Data
We will not disclose or transfer your Personal Data without your prior consent to any third parties other than:
- the other companies of the AIGLE group incorporated in Hong Kong or France which distributes and/or sells, directly or indirectly, AIGLE branded products (apparel, footwear and other AIGLE branded products) and provide related services thereto (the “Other AIGLE Companies”);
- our authorized third party contractors and those of the Other AIGLE Companies, such as, without limitation, the contractors in charge of the storage and/or processing of Personal Data and providers of administrative, research and marketing (including, but not limited to, third party data processors which may be responsible for sending direct marketing to you on our behalf), distribution, telecommunications, digital storage, professional, or other similar services;; and
- any person or entity when required by law, a court order or by any government, regulatory or administrative authorities.
Therefore you acknowledge that your Personal Data may be transferred to jurisdictions outside of Hong Kong and Macau, in particular, without limitation, to France.
4. Processing of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be stored and processed through electronic and automated means directly by us, by the Other AIGLE Companies, by our authorized third party contractors and/or by those of the Other AIGLE Companies.
5. Security, retention and removal of Personal Data
Reasonable efforts will be made by us to:
- ensure to safeguard and keep your Personal Data in a secured way; and
- ensure that your Personal Data can only be accessed by our employees, those of the Other AIGLE Companies and the employees of our authorized third party contractors and those of the Other AIGLE Companies.
However complete security cannot be guaranteed and you acknowledge that the provision of Personal Data to us is made at your own risk. To the extent permissible by applicable law, we are not responsible for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages arising out of or further to the provision of Personal Data by you to us.
As long as you do not request the deletion of your Personal Data by contacting our Customer Service, your Personal Data will be kept as required to fulfill the purposes defined in article 2.
You shall be aware that should you request us to delete your Personal Data, you will not be able to remain a member of the AIGLE Membership Club and/or to continue to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
6. Accuracy of Personal Data
When providing us with Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you are using your actual identity. Your Personal Data shall be true, accurate, current and complete in all respects as at the time of provision. We will not be liable for any error that may result in your submission of incorrect information.
If you are under the age of 18, you must provide us with a written authorization from a parent or guardian in order to join the AIGLE Membership Club, to register as “Guest” on the Website or and/or to use certain functionalities, features or services of the Website.
It is your responsibility to inform us and request correction in case of change to your Personal Data held by us.
7. Access and correction/change to Personal Data
You have the right to request access and correction/change to your Personal Data at any time. Depending on the type of Personal Data and on whether you are a member of the AIGLE Membership Club or not, you have the possibility to access and correct/change certain of your Personal Data by logging-in to your account on the Website. Otherwise you can contact our Customer Service.
We may, at our own discretion, charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any request of access, correction/change or removal of Personal Data made to our Customer Service.
8. Customer Service
You can contact our Customer Service:
- via email to email@example.com;
- via the “Contact Us” section on the Website; or
- via phone at +852-24256226, from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays in Hong Kong), between 10 am and 5 pm.
The person to handle requests regarding access to, and correction of, personal data is our Marketing Manager.
If any of the provisions of this Policy is deemed to be invalid, illegal, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Nothing in this Policy shall limit your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the laws of Hong Kong.
This Policy governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region and you, and we, hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts in relation thereof.
This Policy is established in English. In the event it is also published in another language and there is any inconsistency or discrepancy, the English version shall prevail.